Monday, June 19, 2006

Mourning Morning

Last night ended around 1:00 a.m. This morning started at 5:45 a.m., about 30 minutes earlier than had intended. I made lunches for the three boys, got them ready for their separate camps, and then managed to throw myself together before running out the door at 7:00 a.m.

I'm sure you're thinking, "What camp starts at 7:00 a.m.?" Camp doesn't, but the bus arrives at 7:20 a.m. to transport the kids to the local university. I had no intentions of being late, and thankfully so. The bus arrived about 2 minutes after I pulled in. Wizard hopped on the bus and checked himself in. The best thing about arriving early was finding a neighbor waiting to put her kid on the same bus. We quickly set up a carpool schedule for the next 2 weeks. She'll drive the morning shift, and I'll pick up in the afternoon. Thank G-d! Getting three little kids ready to leave the house at 7:00 a.m. was awful.

I was left with about 40 minutes before Wild Thing had to be at camp. So, Wild Thing, Moose and I went home and watched television for a few minutes before leaving again. Dropped Wild Thing at baseball camp. He was a little nervous and excited b/c he has never played baseball, although he understands the game. We checked in, found his friends, and listened to the coach's orientation. WT was fine after a few minutes, so Moose and I headed out to pre-school camp. We were early, but they let us in anyway.

And then I went home to enjoy the 90 free minutes I would have all day. I charged my new Palm PDA and tried, in vain, to master it in that short time. It's going to take a lot more time and exploring to get it set up and sync it with my phone. It will be worth it in the long run.

The afternoon was a reverse of the morning: pick up WT, have lunch, pick up Moose, come home and crash. Take out food for dinner and turn everything on before I left to pick up Wizard. I'm here in the few free minutes while dinner is cooking.

Next post: introductions all around.

No comments: