Sunday, July 09, 2006

Packing Neat

Packing for this trip was the nightmare I expected. The boys' rooms were a disaster, despite their having cleaned them from top to bottom yesterday. What should have taken me 90 minutes, took me more than 4 hours b/c of all the mess and fussing.

Nevertheless, I prevailed. I packed all three boys, 2 of their backpacks, myself, and my carry-on this afternoon. I sifted through my desk this evening and paid all my bills (on time, thank-you-very-much). I have no idea what Wizard will pack. He'll moan and groan how he has nothing to read or do, even though we must have 5,000 books in this house. I think I'll go hunt down a bunch of Tom Clancy books for him to read.

Oh, and in case I forgot to mention it: we had a little excursion to the podiatrist on Thursday morning. Wizard had an infected ingrown toenail that he neglected to mention until Independence Day Eve. Wine Guy gave him some antibiotics we had on hand, and Wizard also soaked his foot in epsom salts to try and bring the swelling down. Nothing helped, so the podiatrist trimmed the nail and dressed the wound. Mother had pity on the child and bought him a pair of soft soccer sandals for him to pad around in. He'll wear them on the plane, but he'll have to wear his sneakers in Philadelphia.

Can you imagine wearing sandals in Center City Filthadelphia? Ewwwwwwwwwww.

No comments: