Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Waiting for Ernesto

The rain has started, and the lightning sirens have sounded. Ernesto is on his way into South Florida. We're ready for the storm. I picked up several more gallons of water at WalMart this morning. We have plenty of food in the pantry.

Wild Thing and Moose really stepped up to the plate to help me get ready. WT carried armfuls of things from the lanai to the garage. He also showed great organizational skill in fitting everything together as tightly as possible. I am very impressed with his efforts. Moose, OTOH, did a tiny bit of work and fussed the whole time. He did, however, manage to pick up all the pool toys and put them in a garbage bag.

As I was hauling wrought iron furniture off the lanai, I noticed how rusted the set is. Time to find someone who can clean and refinish the set. That will probably happen sooner than the roof will be fixed. People aren't even returning phone calls. Grrr.

No comments: