Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Funny Food Songs

I was perfectly content in my grumpiness today when I stumbled across a (part of) a blog that had me rolling on the floor laughing. Adam Roberts, author of the food blog, The Amateur Gourmet, has a whole playlist of funny food songs. These are popular and Broadway tunes for which he has written new food-related lyrics, like "Suddenly Salad" (tune of "Suddenly Seymour" from Little Shop of Horrors) and "Chick-EN" (tune of "Hey-Ya" by the OutKast). When you go to The Amateur Gourmet, click on Thursday Night Dinner Songs and have yourself a good laugh. What he lacks in pitch and vocal technique, he more than compensates for in creativity and humor!


In The Amateur Gourmet, Adam Roberts, writes about cooking, food finds, food trends, anything foodie, especially in and around New York City. He has written an article for Salon.com and also creates this hybrid comic book-cum-food blog for another food blog, Serious Eats. Take a look at the most recent entry, "Good Take-Out Vietnam".

1 comment:

Robin said...

I'll have to check out the songs when we get back from our trip home. I forgot to bring speakers for the computer (duh!). I enjoyed "Good Take-Out Vietnam." It's hard to be grumpy with this kind of stuff around. :)