Sunday, December 17, 2006

Science Project - Day 2

(continued from yesterday)

Wizard claims to have completed all the written work. He will not allow me to proofread his logbook, so who knows what he's done or how well he's done it. He claims to have drafted all his sketches for his presentation board. I haven't seen them, and I know they're not ready for mounting because he hasn't printed anything on the computer.


He thinks he's finished with the project and can have his privileges back, but he's wrong. His teacher gave him until January 3 to complete the project. I told him his privileges were suspended until the project was turned in. I also told him he better damn well get it finished this week, before break starts. I don't want it hanging around over us for two weeks. He's trying to weasel computer-time, and he even lied to MIL about the work being done.

At this point, I'm angry, frustrated and hoarse. Wizard's trying to do his usual half-assed job. He's been fighting with me about everything -- from his dinner last night to the work he's done. I've been screaming with a voice that's already strained from too many concerts in the last two weeks.

I went to WineGuy's office party last night and didn't feel social at all. I even started the party with a very strong drink, which is totally unlike me. After the alcohol and a little food, I felt better. I went around and thanked everyone for being so kind when WineGuy got sick. I danced and sang too much, and now my throat is worse for the wear. Will I ever learn?

Wizard needs to finish this project and turn it in. I'm so sick of him, I can't stand to be in the same room with him. All he can say is "What did I do to you? Why are you so mad at me?" Because you are a lazy, self-centered, spoiled brat with the motivation of a three-toed sloth.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Well congratulations -- you win the "meanest mom in the world" award (for this week -- I'm SURE one of us will do something TERRIBLE to one of our children, thus forcing you to relinquish the award).

Robin said...

Children...the biggest challenge in the world. Seems like everyone I know who has had more than one child is gifted with one who works harder at not working than they would have if they'd just done the work in the first place.

Good times.

I'm glad you had fun at Wine Guy's party. Sounds like you deserved it.