Saturday, December 09, 2006

'Tis The Season

While the rest of you are busy preparing for Christmas, I am busy preparing to sing in Christmas concerts. Many Christmas concerts. Kind of ironic for a nice Jewish girl to be singing lots of Jesus music, but 'tis the season.

I am a member of the chorale and chamber choir of the local performing arts center. This is our busiest time of the year. Take a look at my schedule for this past week and next week:

Tuesday: Rehearsal (3 hours)
Friday: Dress rehearsal, winter concert (3 hours)
Saturday: Performance, winter concert
Sunday: Off, but Wild Thing has his school choir concert this night
Monday: Dress rehearsal, holiday pops concert
Tuesday: Performance, holiday pops
Wednesday: Off
Thursday: Performance, holiday pops; my birthday
Friday: Performance, holiday pops
Saturday: Matinee performance, holiday pops;
not singing evening concert b/c it's WineGuy's office party
Sunday: Performance, holiday concert

I'll be exhausted after that last concert. I'm already feeling run down again, and my throat is tired and raw.

I don't want to hear another jingle, ring, or ding-dong! Where's my dreidel?

1 comment:

Kel said...

it is ironic!

looking at that diary list, I realise again, it's not called the silly season for nothing

hope you can make it through all those performances in full voice and strength