Thursday, January 25, 2007

Disco Bow

This is one to file under "cute things they say".

Yesterday, I had to wrap two birthday gifts for the boys to give. I asked Moose to help me so Wild Thing could do his homework. I let Moose pick the wrapping paper for each gift.
Moose: Can you put a bow on B's present?
Me: Yes, choose a bow.
Moose: I like the green one.
Me: No, there's no green in the wrapping paper ("Cars" movie paper). Pick a different color. How about red, like 'Mayter?
Moose: No, I want a "disco bow".
Me: What's a disco bow?
Moose: A sparkly one, like a disco ball.
Me: Ohh. [smacking my head, duh!] A disco bow!
He chose a gold disco bow, fyi.

Now, I remember the disco years. I was in high school then. I loved all that disco music; I still do. What I want to know is, how does a 4 year-old know what disco is? Are they playing "Disco Duck" or "Saturday Night Fever" in Pre-Kindergarten these days?


For you techno-divas, how do I add a sound clip to this website? This post really needs a clip like "Disco Inferno".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH, I don't know, I think I would rather hear "Disco Duck" !!! It's Katherine's favorite to request from the "Dance Party" on the radio each week-end. Hehehehe

Robin said...

Ah yes, the disco days. I was there to witness what they thought would be the end of it in Chicago when they burned the disco records at Comiskey Park as part of a radio station (rock, of course) publicity stunt (Disco Demolition Night). I don't think it worked. Disco is alive and well, albeit in somewhat different forms.

My youngest son was a big fan of disco when he was 15 (back in 2000). He was going around listening to the Bee Gees, Donna Summer, etc. He'd walk down the street trying to imitate John Travolta in "Saturday Night Fever" after having watched the movie a bunch of times. He still listens to disco occasionally.