Thursday, June 21, 2007

Surfing Blogs Of Note

Every so often I surf over to Blogs of Note and check out what Blogger deems blogworthy. I get tired of kudos going to prostate-enlarged gamers and techno-hounds, but this week I found a gem, Ken Levine. From his blog:
Ken Levine is an Emmy winning writer/director/producer/major league baseball announcer. In a career that has spanned over 30 years Ken has worked on MASH, CHEERS, FRASIER, THE SIMPSONS, WINGS, EVERYBODY LOVES RAYMOND, BECKER, DHARMA & GREG, and has co-created his own series including ALMOST PERFECT starring Nancy Travis. He and his partner wrote the feature VOLUNTEERS. Ken has also been the radio/TV play-by-play voice of the Baltimore Orioles, Seattle Mariners, San Diego Padres.

Levine's perspective on television and life is long . . . and hysterical. Consider his post on his recent trip to Hawaii.
His observations about Maui and Hawaii had me rolling on the floor. I couldn't stop laughing at: "A synagogue in Oahu has the following website -- “Shaloha.com.” I’m guessing they’re reform. Stopping just short of having a pig with an apple in its mouth at the Purim Luau." Or this: "The Dali Lama recently stayed at the nearby Renaissance. (You’d think he could do better.) Wouldn’t you love to be checking in and there he is going bonkers because they gave him a room by the ice machine? It would also be pretty cool to go to a Yoga class and there is the Dali Lama sitting next to you." Really! Check out his Blogspot and Typepad sites.

Earlier this year, I found a fascinating blog about Antarctica. Glass artist, David Ruth, won an artist's grant from the National Science Foundation to study ice structures in order to later cast them in glass. He took amazing pictures of his journey to and from the Frozen Continent, as well as the local fauna and flora. Wild Thing and I enjoyed following Ruth's travels, as WT studied the North Pole and South Pole in school.

But then, Blogs of Note recognizes crap like Anna Abroad. This chick is in Paris, seeing some of the greatest sites in the world, and all she can say is "The Louvre is big." Oh. Let me run and renew my passport to go back and see The Louvre because it's big.

At any rate, you get the idea. Surfing Blogs of Note is one way to expand your blog-horizons. I'd like to know what or how you explore the blogosphere. Oh, and I'd like to know how one gets chosen as a Blog of Note. I'm "Noteworthy". Don't you think so??

No comments: