Saturday, November 25, 2006

Happy Boys

What a difference a day makes. I'm sitting here watching Wild Thing zoom up and down the street on his bicycle. He has the biggest grin on his face, not a care in the world. He's such a cute boy when he's happy: dimples, dancing dark brown eyes, looooooong eyelashes, and a funny gap-toothed, second-grade grin. He just came in and asked me to figure out how far he rode this morning: about 1.5 miles! Pretty darn good for a 53-pound string bean.

Wild Thing is one of those kids who needs to get out and run or exercise everyday. No sloth for him. Wizard, OTOH, is entirely different. He could sit around all day reading books, watching TV or playing on the computer. Takes after me, that one does. However, the other day he asked me to drop him off near the entrance of our neighborhood so he could run home. He ran that far and more, maybe 2 miles in all. A great accomplishment. Moose also needs a lot of exercise, but he's not one for running laps. He'll ride his bike or play outside for hours, but organized activity does not interest him much right now.

They are all feeling a little better today. I took them to the pediatrician yesterday afternoon and insisted on antiobiotics for all. The pediatrician was incredulous upon hearing about HIB, but he agreed that we need to kill this bacteria. I made three trips to the pharmacy yesterday. I'm now on a first-name basis with the pharmacist and the techs there.

WineGuy came home from the hospital yesterday afternoon. I was leary they discharged him before he was perfectly well, but they were finished with the IVs and he was anxious to come home. We had our Thanksgiving dinner one day late, and that was nice. WineGuy was tired out and turned in early. He had a restful night, thank G-d. He's doing pretty well today.

I welcome the calm.

4 comments:

MLL said...

I'm glad everyone seems to be doing better. You are due for a peaceful, joyful, and healthy Hanukkah season!!

Sock Girl said...

I am so happy to hear everyone is on the mend. Hope you get some well deserved rest as well.
(((Hugs)))

Robin said...

I'm so glad to hear everyone is getting better. What a rough time you've had! As sock girl said, I hope you get some well deserved rest now.

Mary said...

Okay -- once everything is back to normal *I* prescribe a very LONG spa day - at LEAST an hour massage (maybe 90 minutes) AND a manicure AND pedicure.

HEY -- WineGuy had his appointments for Monday and Tuesday cancelled, the boys will be in school.

Just called me DR ramblingmom.