Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Quick Update

Jazzfest was lots of fun. More details to come later.

St. Louis was obligatory but enjoyable. No details needed.

Headed to Orlando tomorrow afternoon for my Jeopardy audition. Wish me luck! I read that only 10% of those who take the eligibility test qualify for an in-person audition. I'm off to fill out my contestant questionnaire now.

Check out another August Mom's new blog: Maine Mom now writes A Squib's Life. She'd love to have some new readers and your feedback. Welcome to the blogosphere, Squib!

In meteorological news, the national weather feeds have failed to cover the wildfires that have been plaguing SW Florida. A fire burned over 19,000 acres in a state forest about 10 miles from here. Smoke and fire jumped Alligator Alley (I-75 from Naples to Fort Lauderdale) and forced the road's closure several times last week, including right before our drive to Fort Lauderdale last Friday night. Fortunately, we've had a few rain showers in the last day that have calmed things down.

8 comments:

Sock Girl said...

So glad to see you back in the blogosphere. I've missed your posts. Fingers are crossed for you on your audition tommorrow!!

Anonymous said...

It's good to see you back. :)

Best of luck to you tomorrow! I'm looking forward to seeing you on Jeopardy.

Sorry to hear about the fires. I'll do a rain dance for you in hopes you all get enough of the wet stuff to put out the fires.

Anonymous said...

I bet you will dazzle them at the audtion! You've even impressed my teenager - not an east feat!

Anonymous said...

I will think fast thumb work for your audition!!! Enjoy the adventure and tell us all about it.

As for the rain--please send us some--central FL needs it too! I am tired of the smoke filled air.
:)
Anne

Doc Thelma said...

Wait for the signal lights to come on before you press your button. I want to compare notes when you are done.

Weird about the 10% figure. I know 3 people who applied and all three were invited to audition!

Christina said...

I'm thinking fast finger thoughts for you! Also doing a rain dance for the whole fire filled area. I sure know what those smoke filled skies are like!

Anonymous said...

Inquiring minds want to know...

How did the audition go?

MLL said...

I can't wait to hear about it!