I wrote down a few thoughts and then called BFF. She was a law-school classmate and then became my roommate. She was Phi Beta Kappa as an undergraduate and an honors graduate from law school. She is much smarter than I am and is always the person to whom I turn when I need artful wordcraft. BFF helped me refine and polish my list.
Here's what I'll tell Alex Trebek (when and if I go to Los Angeles):
- I have been singing in chorales for nearly 30 years. I have performed at Carnegie Hall and at the Kennedy Center. I perform regularly at the [Mytown] Philharmonic Center for the Performing Arts.
- My hobby is food. I love to cook it, to read and write about it, and (obviously) to eat it. I aspire to hosting my own radio show or podcast or restaurant review column one day.
- I desire to visit all seven continents and all 50 states. To date, I have traveled to four continents – Africa, Asia, Europe, North America – and 29 of the fifty United States.
- I traveled halfway across the country only to meet and marry the proverbial "guy next door".
- I am an attorney licensed to practice in two states, Florida and Pennsylvania, and three federal jurisdictions: U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania.