Saturday, July 14, 2007

Closest Book Meme

I think I've done this one before, but I happen to have a book on my [clean!!!] desk right now.

The game: Grab the nearest book to you. Open the book to page 123. Find the fifth sentence. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your blog along with these instructions. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.

The book: How To Get On Jeopardy! . . . And Win! Valuable Information From A Champion, by Michael Dupée (1988, Carol Publishing Group, Secaucus, New Jersey) [out-of-print]

(From Chapter 8, "Learning the Facts: Cooking and Food")

Q. This yellow, pear-shaped fruit contains enzymes that break down meat.
A. Papaya
Q. Another name for a carambola, which describes its shape. A. Starfruit
Q. The Hawaiian solo variety of this fruit is best. A. Papaya

And Finally, An After-Dinner Coffee

What better finish to a meal than a steaming cup of coffee? If you said "potent potable," see the next chapter.


I have been reviewing the fact sections in this book to help me prepare for the Jeopardy taping in two weeks. The more I study, the more I forget. It is overwhelming.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hope you know how many fingers are crossed for you.